Conservative Friends of Israel (CFI) works to promote its twin aims of supporting Israel and promoting Conservatism in the UK. CFI organises numerous events in and around Westminster, takes Conservative parliamentarians and candidates on delegations to Israel, campaigns hard for Tory candidates in target seats, and works to ensure that Israel’s case is fairly represented in Parliament.
CFI is seeking an experienced, highly organised and motivated individual with experience in events management and office administration, to take on a role as Projects Manager based in Westminster.
The varied role encompasses responsibility for events management and strategy, fundraising initiatives, and office administration.
Events Strategy and Management:
- Develop and coordinate CFI’s annual events programme, including the
- Annual Business Lunch, Parliamentary Reception and Conservative Party Conference;
- Develop a programme of parliamentary events with high-profile speakers;
- Identify new opportunities to maximise CFI exposure through events;
- Produce detailed proposals for events including timelines, venues, suppliers and budgets;
- Coordinate venue management, caterers, contractors and equipment hire;
- Coordinate marketing of events, including drafting invitations & marketing material;
- Produce post-event evaluations including data entry, fundraising analysis and follow-up with guests.
- Oversee office administration, including recording office and events expenditure;
- Oversee organisations’ GDPR compliance and serve as CFI’s Data Protection Officer;
- Coordinate accounts and monthly payroll;
- Oversee annual leave administration for team;
- Assist in recruiting interns to help with event management;
- General management and updating of the ACT database.
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- Understanding of, a sympathy for, and a desire to promote CFI’s aims and values;
- A minimum two years of experience in event management;
- Knowledge of HR and Accounts, and experience of office management;
- Confidence in dealing with a wide range of senior stakeholders, including parliamentarians and businesspeople;
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise competing demands, including multiple events and projects at any one time;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a team environment;
- A confident user of MS Office applications (especially Excel and Word);
- The candidate must be available to attend Conservative Party Conference’s and be prepared to occasionally coordinate and attend events outside of usual working hours (i.e. breakfasts and dinners);
- Candidates will need the right to work in the UK.
- Previous experience using ACT database;
- Sound understanding of data protection legislation and how this relates to record-keeping and correspondence.
Closing Date: 22nd February 2019
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis throughout February 2019, with an intended start date being in early-mid March.
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than two pages to Einat Shazar at Einat@cfoi.co.uk, outlining your relevant experience and skills.
If you have any queries relating to the position, please contact Einat.
Please note, that we may not be able to reply to all applicants, and we may make a decision before the closing date.