While other countries deliberate over their post-Brexit relationship with the UK, Portugal has thrown down the welcome mat.
Irrespective of deal or no deal, the Portuguese have decided to embrace rather than conspire against us by announcing plans for dedicated fast-track access in their airports to British tourists.
Instead of devising ways to make it difficult, they will be creating special lanes for the millions of Brits who visit Portugal every year and in addition the 23,000 ex-pats will be able to retain their residence, state healthcare and recognition of UK academic qualifications.
At last a chink of optimism on the bleak horizon at a time when many are tracing European relatives for alternative passport options (try Passportia.)
This is exceptionally good news for those looking to have future hols in a country that still has temperatures of 22 degrees right now and what better time to start than by celebrating Passover at the 5 * Real Marina Hotel & Spa in Olhao.
Pesach in the Algarve 2019 as it is officially known will start on Friday April 19 with a week-long programme that will keep all guests happy and occupied be they Ashkenazi or Sephardi, young or old.
Named after the marina it overlooks, the hotel is a bright, well-lit contemporary property with marble entrance that is 15 minutes from the airport and within easy access of great shopping and lots of must-see destinations such as Faro, Tavira and Olhao itself which can be toured by Tuk Tuk.
Guests coming for the chagim will have exclusive use of the hotel, the pools inside and heated outside, the luxury spa and the dining-rooms which will be under Glatt Kosher, Halak Bet Yosef supervision of the Manchester Beth Din for the duration. Be prepared for lots of food as there will be three lavish meals served a day with menus prepared by talented chefs led by celebrated caterer Rochelle Sassoon. To satisfy swimmers and those who like to eat there will be poolside shwarma and salads on Chol Hamoed and if you are still hungry, the generously-stocked snack and soft drink bar will be open throughout the day.
For spiritual fulfillment Minyanim will be available three times a day with inspirational talks from Rabbi and Rebetzin Jonathan and Raaya Tawil and Rabbi and Rebetzin Jonathan and Joanne Dove of SEED.
The entertainment will be non-stop, notably for the children who will be Dancing with Louise and enjoying ther dance, drama, craft and superhero workshops.
The 132 hotel rooms and 12 deluxe suites are large, comfortable and perfect for those with little ones in tow and the exciting opportunities outside of Real Marina include , water sports, swimming with Dolphins, Go Karting, Bike Tours and the shopping mentioned earlier. And with the Portuguese throwing down the welcome mat, this is the place to spend Passover.
For more information visit: www.pesachinthealgarve.com Or call 020 7101 4068
With the Portuguese keen to keep us visiting, it seems only right to give you 10 reasons to do so…
1. To stay at the Pine Cliffs Resort in the Algarve which is part of Luxury Hotels and even at the height of summer remains a haven of tranquility.
2. To Explore Ria Formosa Natural Park near Olhau which is made up of a large lagoon and coastline of marshes, salt pans, inlets and lakes that stretches for 60 kilometers.
3. For drinking port at the Porto Calem the oldest winery in the Vila Nova de Gaia which hugs the bank of the Duoro River in Porto.
4. To attend the Medieval Festival every August at Silves Castle in Xelb which used to be the capital of the Moorish Algarve.
6. Canoe on Furnas Lake in the Azores, a Crater Lake known for its green tinged blue waters that sits between hills covered in mud volcanoes and hot springs.
7. Spend a Sunday afternoon dancing and watching the sunset at the Thai Beach café on Rocha Baixinha, close to Vila Moura. (thaibeach.pt)
8. Take the whole family in fact to Algoz to spend the day at Krazy World the cutest little zoo with animal shows, bird-feeding, swimming pool and zip lining. (krazyworld.com)
9. Try the best falafels outside Israel at Shalom in Albufeira
10. Stay at one of the three self-contained chalets at Casa De Mondo in Bouliqueme and sign up for a cookery course or some comedy writing.(casademondo.com)
READ MORE – TRAVEL SUPPLEMENT:
- Super duper Aruba! 365-days of sun on One Happy Island
- Berlin beckons
- For the love of Lisbon
- Wonderful Copenhagen!
- Exploring unexpected Croatia!