Avocados are one of my favourite super foods as they are so versatile, but have you ever made them into chips?
High in fibre, protein and vitamins, these baked vegan wedges are a must any time.
Use as canapés, a quick snack, lunch box treats, a side dish or add to tacos, tortillas or with a burger.
NB: For best results, choose avocados that are firm but ripe.
Preparation Time: 20 mins. Cooking Time: 10-12 mins
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 30g chickpea flour
- 50ml coconut or almond milk
- 2 large or 4 small avocados, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 150ml Greek yoghurt or thick non dairy
- yoghurt/coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Zest of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- Pinch salt
Garnish: Lime wedges and sprigs of coriander
- Preheat oven to 220ºC and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Combine the chilli flakes, salt, and flour in a shallow dish.
- Add the milk to a separate shallow dish.
- Coat each avocado slice in flour, then dip in the milk.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over each slice, pressing down lightly until the crumbs stick.
- Place on the prepared baking try and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Store leftovers in the fridge for two to three days.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients together.
- Serve with lime wedges, sprigs of coriander and dipping sauce.