Stuffed vegetables of all variety is the tradition for Succot. Full of wonderful flavours and texture, these stuffed peppers make a great yom tov meal as they can be made in advance and require no last-minute attention. Just omit the cheese in the topping if you want to make it parev or vegan.
- 2 large red peppers
- 50g couscous
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 50g cherry tomatoes – sliced
- 50g black olives
- 30g hazelnuts – roasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Chevington Grated Mature Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F/ Gas mark 6.
- Cut the peppers in half through the stalks and scoop out the seeds. Transfer to a tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just tender.
- Tip the couscous in a bowl and pour in the hot stock. Cover and leave for five minutes and then fluff up with a fork.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, olives, hazelnuts, parsley and lemon zest
and season well. Mix well and spoon into the pepper halves.
- For the topping, mix the breadcrumbs with the Chevington
Grated Mature Cheddar. Sprinkle on top.
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese topping is golden.