This week’s recipe is in association with Jewish Care’s Great Jewish Bake Day, which is helping to raise much-needed funds to keep the charity’s buses on the road.
Jewish Care buses take older, isolated people in the community and those with dementia to community centres, so they can enjoy a day of entertaining activities, have a cooked meal and socialise.
To find out more, visit jewishcare.org/bakeday or call 020 8922 2255
- 120g coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 100g agave nectar
- 600g oats
- 75g coconut sugar/xylitol
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- In a small saucepan, slowly melt the coconut oil. Add to this the milk and agave to make a syrupy mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Whizz the oats in a food processor until they resemble a flour mix.
- Transfer to a large bowl with the coconut sugar/xylitol, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt.
- Add the syrup mixture, vanilla essence, zest and lemon juice and mix again. With a wooden spoon fold in the cranberries and coconut flour.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment paper.
- Roll out the biscuit dough between two pieces of cling film/
- Using a 4cm cookie cutter, stamp out small biscuits. Transfer to the prepared oven tray.
- Place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Leave on the tray to firm before placing onto the cooling rack.
Preparation time: 30 mins. Cooking time: 25 mins. Serves: 60 mini biscuits