A gluten-free, grain-free colourful recipe, this can be prepared in advance and is ideal for supper or as a Yom Tov/Shabbat side dish.
It is a modern take on the classic Middle Eastern bulgur and herb salad and swaps grains for cauliflower “rice”, making it nutritious and low calorie.
Serve with roasted or grilled meats or mix with leafy greens for a healthy salad.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/ Gas mark 4.
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment paper.
- In two batches, process the cauliflower in a food processor until chopped. Spread the cauliflower evenly over the prepared trays.
- Mix the spices and salt and pepper together and sprinkle over the cauliflower.
- Spray with olive oil.
- Bake the cauliflower in an even layer for about 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool completely.
- Stir in the parsley, mint, radishes, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss to combine and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- 1 large cauliflower – cut into florets
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Large bunch fresh mint – leaves only
- 3 radishes – thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
Preparation time: 20 Mins. Cooking time: 2 hours 30 minutes. Serves: 8 people