Salary: £21,000 per annum
Location: JLGB office East London. Currently home-based until restrictions change, then occasional flexibility to work from home.
Contract: full time with flexible working hours, immediate start possible
Length of post: initially one year, with the potential to extend
Reports to: Director of Operations
Applications: please send your CV and a cover letter highlighting how your knowledge and skills map to the criteria and responsibilities in this job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 21st April, 23:59pm
Do you have meticulous attention to detail and the skills to provide data support across a thriving youth charity?
JLGB is a modern, thriving, innovative and award-winning national youth organisation that is a model of professional youth work in the 21st century. Through a diverse range of experiences and activities JLGB seeks to enrich the lives of young people through its local, regional and national framework. JLGB removes barriers to participation by providing positive activities within a fun, friendly, safe and structured environment, that meet the religious and cultural needs of the Jewish community.
JLGB’s evolve initiative exists to create an age-progressive volunteering journey, removing faith and cultural barriers to participation for Jewish young people throughout primary and secondary school and on to university. evolve’s youth volunteering awards, include the Chief Rabbi’s Primary School Challenge, Yoni Jesner Award, NCS, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and OCN accreditation. Each year, evolve aids thousands of young people by enhancing their employability and providing them with transferable skills to become active citizens in their local community and wider society.
JLGB and the evolve initiative deliver a variety of youth programmes year-round and rely on multiple digital systems throughout each programme phase, including marketing, planning, customer communications and delivery. This role will give you the opportunity to work alongside JLGB’s Director of Operations and play a key role in supporting every team with excellent data reporting and customer service.
Working as part of a busy team, you will be a confident and experienced coordinator, who can learn and use digital systems rapidly, and provide cross-department support with the day-to-day workload involved in running multiple programmes in parallel. You will have proven experience in gathering and analysing data, and in reporting your findings in a way that successfully drives activity.
You will have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills to support colleagues and check that quality data management is being maintained in a timely manner. You use your initiative and be proactive in problem solving.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide high quality system support to all of JLGB’s stakeholders, including young people, parents and partners, resolving and closing complex enquiries with minimal supervision.
- Analyse data to provide senior management with weekly statistics reports that will provide key insights to drive our future activity.
- Processing, approving and validating the sign up and certification of awards for young people.
- Providing excellent customer service when resolving incoming phone calls and email enquiries through JLGB’s ticket system.
- Tracking and logging system bugs reported by customers, and working with developers to ensure timely resolution.
- Handle and process personal information and ensure the CRM system and databases are followed and kept up to date.
- Play a leading role in monitoring and improving the quality of data JLGB holds.
- Ensure that all data held is in compliance with data protection laws, JLGB data policies and with partner programme requirements.
- Contribute to the development of new processes and tools that will help drive JLGB’s strategy and success.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of annual events; major celebration events to recognise young volunteers and an evolve charity seminar that brings charities, young people and other key stakeholders together to share learning and develop ideas on best practice for youth volunteering.
Knowledge and Skills/Abilities:
Knowledge or experience of working with a service desk in an IT environment
A solid understanding of relational databases
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent IT skills, with advanced experience of using Microsoft Excel, Word, and CRM systems
An ability to coordinate work for colleagues and to pursue and support requests through to a satisfactory conclusion
Experience of producing data reports
Exceptional customer service skills
Organised, unflappable and excellent at prioritising and hitting deadlines
Experience in using Salesforce
Personal experience of taking part in volunteering or national youth citizenship awards such as DofE or NCS
While life in Israel has returned to normal and hopes are high that Britain is set for a summer without restrictions thanks to vaccines, for billions around the world there is no such imminent light at the end of the tunnel. In the majority of countries around the globe, particularly the poorest, the vaccine rollout has barely kicked off.
That's why Jewish News, the leading source of news and opinion for the entire UK community, is throwing its full weight behind UNICEF’s VaccinAid campaign by using this platform usually reserved for encouraging donations towards our own journalism to instead urge our readers around the globe to perform the greatest mitzvah: saving a life.
We have never before done this for any charity fundraiser but it's hard to recall a campaign that affects so many people, and indeed an entire planet aching for a return to normality. Just like the Chief Rabbi and Rachel Riley, we hope to boost the mission to deliver two billion vaccines, 165 million treatments and 900 million test kits around the world by the end of this year.
Please donate as much as you can, in the spirit of the Talmudic sages: “to save one life is to save the world entire”