Norwood has an exciting opportunity for a Major Donor Fundraiser to work as part of our major gifts fundraising team.
You would be responsible for nurturing and building a portfolio of Norwood’s major donors. This position would particularly suit an individual with experience in major donor fundraising and supporter care.
This is a permanent position based in Stanmore when times allow us to return to the office.
You would be part of a team dedicated to creating positive futures for the thousands of people we support. Our expertise transforms the lives of children who have been devastated by crises in their homes – such as an acrimonious divorce; bullying or even unthinkable abuse; not to mention the sadly increasing numbers learning to cope with bereavement – as well as the lives of families living with the impact of a child or sibling with a learning disability. Furthermore, we are the only charity in the Jewish community who can then support that child to adulthood and beyond, using use all of our extensive expertise and experience to enable each and every one to live the fullest life possible.
To offer these life changing services we need to raise £12m a year and you could make a major contribution to our fundraising efforts.
Specific responsibilities would include:
- Working with the major gifts team on substantially increasing income from existing major donors, cultivating relationships, ensure long term relationships and engagement with our activities.
- Cultivating potential major donors and undertaking relevant research to aid this process.
- Developing and implementing solicitation plans for your portfolio of major donor prospects
- Developing and implementing stewardship plans in order to provide timely and appropriate feedback for major donors on projects that they have funded
- Developing an excellent knowledge of Norwood services and building relationships with service managers. Being aware of organisational developments and being comfortable in discussing Norwood’s work competently with existing and prospective major donors.
Hours: 35 a week (early closing on Friday)