HW Fisher is recruiting on behalf of a Jewish charity
The main responsibility of the role is to be focused on
transactions, reporting, forecasting, budgeting and compliance.
You will need to be a change manager for Finance, to be able
to run the day-to-day finances of the organisation and to be an
ambassador for Finance around the rest of the organisation.
The main tasks are around Management, Transactions and Reporting.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Development of financial controls and process/systems development
- Manage the initial drafting of the annual budget and forecast
- Work with the FD to ensure that the accounting, processes and entries are
correct and follow UK GAAP and Charity Commission guidelines
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Oversee accounting control systems, transaction-processing operations,
policies and procedures
- Oversee the operation of the accounting team
- Provide a system for management cost reports
- Calculate and issue financial operating metrics
Applicants are invited to submit their CV together
with covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications:
Wednesday 14 February 2018
While life in Israel has returned to normal and hopes are high that Britain is set for a summer without restrictions thanks to vaccines, for billions around the world there is no such imminent light at the end of the tunnel. In the majority of countries around the globe, particularly the poorest, the vaccine rollout has barely kicked off.
That's why Jewish News, the leading source of news and opinion for the entire UK community, is throwing its full weight behind UNICEF’s VaccinAid campaign by using this platform usually reserved for encouraging donations towards our own journalism to instead urge our readers around the globe to perform the greatest mitzvah: saving a life.
We have never before done this for any charity fundraiser but it's hard to recall a campaign that affects so many people, and indeed an entire planet aching for a return to normality. Just like the Chief Rabbi and Rachel Riley, we hope to boost the mission to deliver two billion vaccines, 165 million treatments and 900 million test kits around the world by the end of this year.
Please donate as much as you can, in the spirit of the Talmudic sages: “to save one life is to save the world entire”