A fantastic opportunity for an experienced accounts person to join a leading long-established tour operator and travel agent based in NW London. This role offers full exposure to and responsibility for the accounting function of the company.
- Overall responsibility for the smooth running of the accounts department, including:
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts
- Quarterly VAT submission
- Credit control and financial/statistical reporting
- Maintaining cash book (including foreign currency) and preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparing for and liaising with year-end auditors, including provision of agreed trial balance and accompanying schedules
- Assisting in general office management
- Ensuring adherence to and continually improving the financial controls and processes.
- Involvement in payments, banking, reconciliations and tax matters
- Assisting with the maintenance of relevant financial systems and their integrity
- Improving accounting systems and processes
- Relevant Accounting qualification and/or qualified by experience
- Previous experience in travel industry preferable (but not essential – training will be given)
- Ability to learn in-house software systems
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and prevent potential problems
- Project management skills and ability to manage details through to completion, whilst ensuring deadlines are met
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Xero an advantage
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Excel and Word, with ability to manage basic IT issues
- Self-starter, ability to use own initiative and manage time effectively in a sometimes-pressurised environment
- Flexible and conscientious approach to work
ABOUT US AND WHAT WE OFFER
- Travelink is a tour operator and travel agent established over 30 years.
- Fully bonded and licensed company; member of ABTA, IATA and holding an ATOL license.
- A growing company expanding into new markets
- Modern air conditioned offices in Hendon, North London with friendly and experienced staff
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and / or experience. Shabbat and all Jewish holidays are observed.
At Travelink Group Ltd, we are passionate about holidays and service. Throughout our 30 year history, our staff’s dedication and commitment have helped us become one of the leaders in our markets. As an unconventional, innovative and expanding business we expect our people to be creative and adaptable whilst remaining focused on delivering the high level of service our customers expect. In return, you’ll get to work in a culture that is professional, dynamic and rewarding.
Please send your CV by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org