Employer Name: Stephanie Cantor
Company Name: KAHAL
Sector: Not for Profit
Location: London, UK
Job Title: Associate Director: Expansion
List: Full time
Type of role: Permanent
Job Description: KAHAL is committed to expanding our efforts to serve the needs of British students studying abroad. In doing so, we are seeking a full-time staff member, based in the UK, to lead our international expansion efforts. KAHAL is seeking a talented, entrepreneurial individual for the role of Associate Director: Expansion.
Here is a summary of the position:
KAHAL: Your Jewish Home Abroad seeks a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual with a passion for programme development and Jewish enrichment for the role of Associate Director: Expansion. This role provides a unique opportunity for an emerging organizational leader to design and implement key elements of KAHAL’s international growth strategy, working in tandem with KAHAL’s senior leadership team and global partners worldwide.
The Associate Director: Expansion is critical to KAHAL’s growth and to the success of our mission: to create transformational Jewish experiences for university study abroad students. The Associate Director: Expansion reports directly to the Director: Strategic Partnerships and will work with this person to establish specific goals and evaluate progress on an ongoing basis.
The full job description is posted here: http://www.kahalabroad.org/direxpansion.html
Please direct any questions about the role to Steph Cantor (Steph@KahalAbroad.org).
- Entrepreneurial instincts and interest in human-centered design;
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years preferred of relevant professional work experience;
- Authorization required to work in the UK;
- Accomplished organizational skills related to strategic planning, program oversight, and time management;
- Experience working with diverse student and young adult populations preferred;
- All KAHAL employees are required to hold an intermediate certification in Microsoft Excel. Employees and recruits who do not possess this will be required, at KAHAL’s expense, to undergo Excel training before beginning work;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders from varying backgrounds;
- A serious work ethic, sense of humour, and willingness to take risks and learn from unexpected situations;
- Willingness to travel and employ flexible hours necessary to complete tasks;
- A commitment to pluralism and a comfort with your own Jewish identity to act as a role model and mentor for emerging Jewish adults.
Entrepreneurial instinct and talent will be considered above field experience. As a rapidly-expanding organisation, KAHAL is seeking leaders who are interested in growing alongside the organisation.