Watford & District Synagogue (Affectionately known as WADS).
Rabbi Ephraim Levine.
When was the shul founded?
How large is your congregation?
We have more than 200 families.
What does the synagogue offer young families?
• Toddler group – Fridays 9.45am to 11.15am.
• Children’s services every Shabbat 11am.
• From September – cubs on Thursday evenings from 6.30pm to 8pm.
• Tribe events for children and youth.
• Zahav – A flourishing over-60s’ club meets fortnightly on Thursdays at 2pm in the shul hall. Popular events have included trips to Watford and Bushey museums, games afternoons and fascinating talks by a variety of speakers.
Is there a cheder? How many attend?
Yes, we currently have around 20 children.
Please share an interesting fact about the shul we may not know…
1. We are known as one of the friendliest shuls in Hertfordshire’. 2. The MP for Watford, Richard Harrington, is a member.
Tell us about upcoming events you have planned
Sunday 28 June – 8pm to 10pm ‘Your Life and the Stars’ – understanding the impact of the stars in our daily lives – a talk by Sara Osdoba. Look out for news of more events on our shul website!
What are the highlights of your Shabbat morning kiddush?
The friendly welcome extended to all visitors.
Shul website: www.watfordsynagogue.org.uk
Contact number: 01923 222725 Office: 01923 212048