Rambam Medical Centre in Haifa is short of Transport Incubators. A gift from you this Chanukah will make the difference between life and death for babies in need for years to come.
When little Yoav was born, he only weighed 1kg (2lbs 3oz) and was very unwell. He needed to be moved to the Paediatric Emergency Unit quickly but in the most suitable conditions, monitoring both his temperature and oxygen.
Without a Transport Incubator, Yoav could have died or suffered permanent damage.
Your donations are urgently needed to purchase a new Transport Incubator and ensure that babies do not suffer avoidable permanent damage.
For the cost of a box of doughnuts, you could save a baby’s life.
This Chanukah we ask you to please take a minute to help more babies like Yoav. If everyone who reads this article were to donate just £10, we would have a new incubator in time for lighting the Chanukiah.
Donate securely via Paypal today. A donation of any size would be truly appreciated.
British Friends of Rambam Medical Centre
British Friends of Rambam is a national charity established to promote and support The Rambam Health Care Campus located in Haifa, Israel. Rambam aspires to lead in all aspects of medical care on behalf of the population in Haifa and northern Israel in times of peace and sadly war regardless of race or creed. Patients and medical staff are from diverse ethnic backgrounds including Jewish, Christian, Muslim and Druze.
British donors make a difference
Rambam Medical Centre facts and figures
- Established in 1938 under the British government, transferred to the Israeli government in 1948, renamed “Rambam” in 1952
- More than 4,800 employees; one of the largest employers in Northern Israel
- In 2016, 93,541 inpatient admissions, 699,161 outpatient visits, and 5,335 births
- 61 inpatient departments, 73 specialty departments, 40 medical institutes, 25 central laboratories
- 300 Rambam physicians are on the teaching staff of the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology’s Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine and the University of Haifa’s School of Nursing
- 440 new research projects instituted annually by over 275 physician-researchers, with 1,626 active resesarch projects
- Treats more trauma victims than any other hospital in Israel
- Major medical research/device collaborations with Johns Hopkins University, Harvard University, GE, Insightec, Given Imaging, Biosense Webster, and more
- Rambam HCC is partner to a newly found digital health incubator MindUp, together with Pitango, IGM, and Medtronic
- Rambam’s Teaching Center for Trauma, Emergency and Mass Casualty Situations has trained over 3,000 medical professionals from 61 different countries
Please visit our website to read more about the work we do to support Rambam Medical Centre: