UK Minister for the Middle East, Tobias Ellwood has condemned the latest spate of violence in Israel.
In a statement made on Tuesday, he said the government was “extremely concerned by the violence that we have seen across Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories so far this month.”
Three were killed with over 20 injured, following four separate attacks in Jerusalem and Ra’annana on Tuesday.
Ellwood said “We condemn the terrorist attacks in Jerusalem ..which have resulted in the deaths of a number of Israeli citizens, as well as other attacks which have left multiple innocent civilians wounded.
We are also concerned by the use of force by Israeli security personnel in response to protests and security incidents, which has resulted in several deaths and thousands of injuries.”
“We urge all parties to refrain from violence, and encourage Israeli and Palestinian leaders to actively de-escalate the situation and avoid measures which could further fuel tensions.”