Relive the past week on jewishnews.co.uk with our top-seven must-read stories from the past seven days…
Scroll down to read our pick of this week’s stories, which included why British Jews said Kaddish for Gazans, Ken Livingstone quitting Labour, how shellfish was found in a kosher plan meal, why the Royal Wedding was so Jewish and our Israel 70 magazine…
1) OPINION – Why I said Kaddish for Gazans
2) Ken Livingstone quits the Labour Party – Former London Mayor says the ongoing issue surrounding his suspension over claims of anti-Semitism has become a ‘distraction’
3) Sir Eric Pickles elevated to the House of Lords – Government’s envoy for post-Holocaust issues congratulated by Shoah education groups and Conservative Friends of Israel
4) Meet the Rich List’s latest young entrepreneur: Joshua Stevens – Innovator Joshua Stevens tells Sandy Rashty how he made it onto this year’s renowned Sunday Times countdown and what motivates him to keep growing
5) Shellfish found in Beth Din-certified British Airways meal – A Jewish passenger was “dismayed” after finding shellfish in the ingredients in his Beth Din-approved kosher meal on a flight from Tokyo.
6) Five reasons why the Royal wedding was so Jewish – From the bride’s best friend and the adorable page boys, to quoting of the Shema and the Royal couple’s Shadchan, there was a yiddishe flavour to the biggest event of the year so far
7) READ OUR ISRAEL 70 MAGAZINE!