Fire safety warning after two blazes caused by Chanukah lights
search

Fire safety warning after two blazes caused by Chanukah lights

Greater Manchester Fire service urge Jewish families celebrating not to leave menorahs unattended

Picture of fire damage from a menorah, posted by Manchester Fire service
Picture of fire damage from a menorah, posted by Manchester Fire service

People celebrating Chanukah have been warned about safety after two fires were caused by unattended candles.

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service warned people celebrating  the eight-day festival, which began on December 12, not to leave lit candles following two callouts on Saturday.

The service tweeted: “Candle safety alert. Don’t leave them unattended – particularly if you’re celebrating Hanukkah this weekend. Our crews have attended two fires today caused by unattended menorah candles.”

read more:
comments