Perfect for a picnic or light lunch, this recipe uses Chevington’s sliced cracked black pepper cheese to add a slight piquant flavour.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1 avocado – stoned removed
½ red chilli – very finely chopped
2 tablespoons coriander – roughly chopped
1 teaspoon lime juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 onions – peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 wholemeal tortillas
1 packet 120g cracked black pepper Chevington mild cheddar cheese
Garnish: 1 lime cut into wedges
- Remove the avocado from the shell and mash together with the chopped chilli, coriander and lime juice. Season. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a large frying pan with the vegetable oil. Sauté the onions with the brown sugar for about 20 minutes on a medium heat. Cover and cook until the onions have caramelised and turned golden.
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C/ 425°F/ Gas mark 7.
- Place the tortillas on a baking tray with 3 slices of the cracked black pepper Chevington cheese and cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove and then put the cooked onions on top of the cheese.
- Add the avocado mixture to the tortilla. Roll up and squeeze together.
Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Next cookery class: Wed 7 Feb Creative gluten free bread and baking
www.jewishcookery.com, 01923 836 456