The attacks took place on Osbaldeston Road in Hackney during evening hours.

The attacks took place on Osbaldeston Road in Hackney during evening hours.

Metropolitan Police sources have confirmed that four arrests were made on New Years’ Eve in connection with anti-Semitic graffiti in Hackney on Sunday.

Initial reports said that a 32-year old male had been arrested under suspicion of racially motivated criminal damage.

Police then confirmed that a further 3 suspects were arrested on New Year’s Eve, in connection with the same offences.

All four suspects were released and are due to answer bail in early January 2015.

Police inspector Jeoff Bull said: “We will not tolerate anti-Semitism or racism of any kind.” He also reassured the community that all efforts were being made to bring the perpetrators to justice.

Barry Bard, coordinator for community watch group Shomrim, said: “We are committed to bring a stop to these senseless and mindless acts of vandalism, and are working closely with the Police investigation to assist in every possible way.

B6BFDx8CEAADOXD

More than 20 houses and vehicles were targeted.

“Similar swastikas have appeared in the same area over the past few weeks. Police are taking these incidents very seriously and are treating it as hate crime. I urge anyone with information to call 101.”